P-p-p-photo a pelican

pelicans

I spotted what I thought was a bloody big swan on the lake at our apartment complex before realising it was actually a pelican. Three of them, in fact. So I grabbed the camera and headed outside.

pelican

One of them is tagged so I guess it’s being tracked or something.


About an hour after I took those shots, I could hear splashing in the lake so I headed back down to find them chasing one of the koi that live in the lake.


About an hour after I took those shots, I could hear splashing in the lake so I headed back down to find them chasing one of the koi that live in the lake.


They work in tandem (the third one was elsewhere) to chase the koi and do a good impression of being prehistoric death machines while doing so.


This koi almost became lunch but managed to escape.

Comments