Forest junkyard


This is a post inspired by one of those times where you find a folder of photos on your external hard drive and can’t for the life of you remember where and when you took them.


I’m pretty sure this is somewhere in the Forest of Dean and the pics were taken on a trip back to the UK. But as the photos are cropped JPEGs instead of the original RAW files there’s no EXIF data to give me a year. Why I’m telling you this is beyond me so I’ll shut up and just show you the photos.





Just for the hell of it I Googled F.J. Edwards and found this page that says the company made mining and engineering equipment, which makes sense as there was lots of mining in the Forest of Dean. Their address looks like this now:







I also Googled the American Tool Works Co. and found this page. How this whatever-it-is ended up making its way from Cincinnati to Gloucestershire is anyone’s guess. I’ve sent the photo to vintagemachinery.org to see if they want it or can identify what this old rusted thing is. If they get back to me I’ll do a post about it.

Comments